Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Hospital Bag Essentials, No Fluff! (Bonus: Snack Basket!)


So here it is. Sitting there packed, ready & staring at me! Mine & the baby's hospital bag! I'm 34 weeks it needed to be done! Plus we're going 3 hours out of town next Sunday & it needs to be in the car "Just in case." This is my second pregnancy, and will be my second C-section. You're in the hospital at least 2-3 nights for a C-section. Last time we were checked in on a Monday afternoon, and didn't leave until Friday morning. So it's imperative that you have what you need!

Momma:

  • 2 pairs of sweat pants, they're loose fitting which is good after the surgery.
  • 1 pair of leggings with a high waist 
  • 2 nursing tank tops & 1 nursing nightgown
  • Nursing bra
  • 2 pairs of socks
  • 1 pair of flip-flops (you never wanna be barefoot in a hospital room, the floors are freezing, plus ew... germs)
  • 1 comfy sun-dress for going home in.
  • Sweater (this is my favorite at-home lounge sweater that I cannot be without, if you prefer a robe pack that, you'll want something cozy.)
  • Bar of Soap (One thing I remember is washing with my Bath & Body works body wash last time & the smell of it mixed with the fluids coming out of my body, made me sick! Plus you don't need a heavy fragrance around baby, let them smell YOU)
  • Dry Shampoo &  Hairspray
  • Deodarant
  • Toothbrush/Toothpaste
  • Coconut Oil (for my poor nipples)
  • Cell Phone Charger
That's it! I'm all about comfort! I won't be one of those Mom's who delivered & have a full face of makeup on after for visitors. 

I didn't pack any panties because I will be living in the mesh panties they provide at hospital, last time I asked for extras to take home, and the pads they provide as well. After birth, Vaginal or C-section those are the MOST comfortable thing ever invented!

While you're there you're paying for everything (or insurance is) So you might as well get extras while you can. They also have the nipple soothers that they will refreeze for you, because if you're anything like me for about the first week of breastfeeding them poor nipples are very, very sore! They also have diapers and wipes for baby that you use while there, and they told us to make sure we didn't forget to take them home. DON'T LEAVE YOUR "FREEBIES" BEHIND FOLKS! Every bit helps. 

Baby:

The baby stays swaddled up for the most part while you're at the hospital unless you're nursing or doing skin-to-skin. I remember putting my firstborn in cute onesies and they seemed to get dirty as quick as I put them on him. Plus they come to take him in & out of room multiple times a day for different tests. It's easier to just have a onesie on him and keep him swaddled for warmth!


A few onesies, sleepers & going home outfit. I probably won't even use all of this. But at least I'll have it! I have not had my baby shower yet, so this is all leftovers from my first son, which I much rather use at hospital than the new stuff! 


I remember they kept coming in to check his temperature and saying he was cold so we would do skin-to-skin to warm him up. So this time I'm bringing us a cozy soft baby blanket to snuggle under while doing skin-to-skin cause the hospital cover was stiff & itchy. Also bringing a couple of my swaddles because I HATED the hospital swaddle blanket, if you're a first time swaddler it's horrible trying to wrap up a crying newborn. We had to call the nurse in way too many times to help us swaddle right, because our son liked it when he was swaddled up tight & we just couldn't get the hang of it! The swaddle with the monkeys in the pictures is awesome! SUPER easy to use & it's snug. It easily wraps around and seals with Velcro, if you didn't get any of these its a must-have, for real!

That's it for Momma & Baby! Not much is needed & it all fits in one bag!

Now here's something fun! I got the idea from Pinterest to make my hubby a "Hospital Survival Kit" but I was like, I'm going to make me one too! So we'll have our favorite snacks on hand, because there's not much else to do when you're stuck in the hospital room! So if we're caught off guard with the day we're admitted to hospital like last time & hubby doesn't have his bag packed, at least he'll have snacks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment