Saturday, May 26, 2018

PostPartum Goals

5/25/18  Marked be officially being 1 week post partum and thus deciding it’s time to stop having fun, with bad food & get my nutrition back under control. After birth 12lbs fell off. That’s 7 for baby & the rest is fluids. 

1 week Post Partum Weigh-in
I have 20 more pounds to lose to be at my pre-baby weight. Which when I look in the mirror, I don’t feel like it's that much, I guess the absence of the big preggo baby bump is fooling me. The scale slaps me back to reality, it’s 20! 

How do I plan to do this??? What goes in your mouth is THE biggest factor in losing weight. Obviously I cannot workout until completely healed from my C-section, at this point I’m still unable to move in bed without feeling like my stitches are ripping. So yea, it’ll be a while before workouts happen. I go June 1st to have incision checked. But it'll still be internal recovering that keeps me down a while. That’s why my food intake has to be strict with no exceptions to get the good results I want to see. I’d like by end of July to have made a HUGE dent in that 20lbs!

I love doing Low-carb, I have been doing it off and on for the past 4 years. When I stay away from complex carbs (breads, wheats, pasta, sugar, & processed foods) my body feels so much better. No bloat & I can lose weight well & steady. It's just what works for my body. Bread and Rice seem to be the worst for me, I’m bloated for days afterward & it’s not worth it at all.

So I started yesterday & did amazing! Hubby even ordered pizza for dinner, I didn’t partake I had a huge fully loaded salad and was a happy camper! Every non-scale victory small or large is amazing! They add up in the end!

I am keeping a food log as usual on MyFitnessPal if I'm around 1800-1900 calories a day I'm happy with that, and if it's something like fruit or nuts that make me go over by a bit, that's a victory as well. I'm breastfeeding and some days the appetite is just as vicious as when you're pregnant.

As I documented my pregnancy weight gain for y’all, I’ll do my weight-loss updates every few weeks. It holds me accountable sharing this with the public! So check back in a few weeks to see which way the scale moves! 



No comments:

Post a Comment